100 Words Forums
August 11, 2020, 11:11:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 6/1 - Kicking off these new forums. An empty void waiting for someone brave enough to help populate it. Could that be you?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Day Batch - Ideas?  (Read 5214 times)
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:14:12 AM »

I'm thinking of setting up another 1-day batch. Any ideas?

I was thinking a one day batch on the BP oil spill. But, perhaps too much time has elapsed for it to be timely/relevant?

Roy
missdixy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »

I think that's a great idea (the BP oil spill). I definitely think it's still relevant, considering that the effects of it are still very much being felt by many of us.
jacalynnc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:31:41 AM »

I don't think your topics need to be only current events. You could give a prompt and let us run with it.
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

I don't think your topics need to be only current events. You could give a prompt and let us run with it.

I guess that's what I was doing here. A single entry batch, on any topic, seems less interesting than having a topic for the batch.
silvan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:46:44 AM »

How about a batch on climate change? Or perhaps something less political, like "beat the heat". I guess the latter might be of less interest globally.

I'd also be keen on a topical batch that lasts a little longer, like a week.
steamed dumpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »

I think what J was saying is that rather than having only current events as your one-day batch prompts, you could also have things that are a little bit more abstract, like, I don't know... "100 words about... FIRE."

So one person writes about the time her house caught on fire, and another person writes about the shapes he sees in a campfire, and another person writes about the fire of passion, or whatever.  They're all technically about the same thing, but you'd get a wider range of responses.   "Fire" is kind of a dumb example, but this kind of thing would make it easier to come up with topics (since they don't have to come directly from the news) and might be more attractive to a wider range of people, since they are more open to personal interpretation.
jacalynnc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »

I think what J was saying is that rather than having only current events as your one-day batch prompts, you could also have things that are a little bit more abstract, like, I don't know... "100 words about... FIRE."

Yes - this is exactly what I had in mind
Clair Elbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »

J's idea sounds good, but for now, how about a one day batch about the end of summer?
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:33:48 PM »

I like the End of Summer idea. I'll also work on the 'suggest a batch' feature, which would include one-day and longer duration batches as well.
p.a.turner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »

Hey Roy,. how about a batch themed on conspiracy theories?
i like those.  Grin
or hey, a batch on our favorite monster?
werewolves and things like that.
David B

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »

Maybe you could have some abstract ones, like...what does green smell like, or what image do you think of when you hear the word kalooki?
steamed dumpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »

Wow, some of these ideas might be kind of funny.  I admit I Googled "kalooki," but I won't say what it is here to avoid ruining David's suggestion.  (I thought it was a kind of strange bird before I looked it up, though.)
not_very

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »

I don't understand this one-day batch idea.  Do you mean everyone writes a whole bunch of stuff on that one day that is connected to the theme?  Or that each daily entry is connected to the theme of the day?  I wouldn't do the former.  Not the latter, either, come to think of it, as it suggests I can't come up with my own ideas.
steamed dumpling

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

I think there have only been two of the one-day batches so far.

One was about the first 100 days of Obama's presidency: http://100words.com/batchReadBatch.php?batch=121

The other was about swine flu: http://100words.com/batchReadBatch.php?batch=123

They're fun!   Cheesy
boytaRose

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

,30 Rock Seasons 1-5 DVD Box Set
火车采集器html简单模板示范
How To Decide What to Get for Your First Tattoo
[标签:作者]
[标签:来源]
[标签:时间]
This is a decision most people ponder before they get their first tattoo. The correct answer to this as a question is; something that represents you as a person. Tattoos should represent something of importance in your life.at AmandaDavis
This is a decision most people ponder before they get their first tattoo. The correct respond to this as a answer is; something namely represents you as a person. Tattoos ought characterize something of magnitude in your life.
A lot of military personnel get tattoos that stand for their branch of service or their element number or their unit nickname. Many believe that it is a sign of proud and daring. As a sign of adore it tin be the label of your friend, birthdates of babies,The Wild Wild West Season 1 DVD Boxset, or a tattoo that represents a special one who have passed away and periodically a character of a loved one in your life.
When tattoos began,Clint Eastwood 35 Films 35 Years at Warner Bros DVD Collection B, they were used to illuminate a group that a characteristic person is a member of. Tattoos were used to show bravery and pride. Nowadays, a lot of people are designing their own tattoos for their "preferential" version of pride, love and bravery.
When you absence to obtain a tattoo, ahead getting an, you have to choose the tattoo devise premier. This doesn't mean you must have a particular devise selected but by least an mind of what you absence in its design. Like the saying goes, "lovers may come and work but a tattoo namely always!" This saying might be not longer be true today for it was once with the growing popularity of laser surgery, although tattoos are meant to be everlasting.
Before deciding what to get, meditation about the major entities in your life and how you represent them. Beginning with a small tattoo is always a good idea because whether you don't like what you get, it can forever be covered up by variant larger one.
Ask a tattoo artist. They can help you above what to select and where to go. Since tattoo artists do this for a living,Lie To Me Seasons 1-3 DVD Boxset, they mainly understand what they're act with lasting designs.
Cartoon temperaments,Californication Complete Season 3 DVD Box set, film characters, themed designs and even ethnic tattoos must only be considered as the solemn because it takes time to achieve and costly. Tattoos must be something that tells your identity, likes, and your life.
In getting your first tattoo, there is no right alternatively wrong almost it but your must caution yourself that each tattoo says a article about an accident in your life that is meaningful to you.

Searchin Xena Warrior Princess Season 1 DVD Box Se

How To Get My The Apprentice Seasons 1-9 DVD Boxse
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: