100 Words Forums
August 11, 2020, 10:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 6/1 - Kicking off these new forums. An empty void waiting for someone brave enough to help populate it. Could that be you?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email nag feature?  (Read 4791 times)
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:37:30 PM »

Another feature that has been bounced around is an email nag feature. Basically, if you fall behind more than X days, it sends you a reminder to get caught up.

This obviously would be switchable on a member-by-member account basis. Anyone else think this would be useful?
dr1nk1ngm3rcury

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »

I think it would be a good idea, but as you said, only if members get to decide how many days go by before a message is sent - or are able to turn it off completely.
silvan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:52 AM »

I don't think I would use this. We're only supposed to miss one day a month, right? Wouldn't it encourage people to be lazy about the honour system?  Wink
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »

I don't think I would use this. We're only supposed to miss one day a month, right? Wouldn't it encourage people to be lazy about the honour system?  Wink

The concept of 100 Words is to write 100 words on the actual day represented. Some people do write offline, then paste their 100 word entries in as time permits.

So, I wouldn't say the reminder system necessarily encourages people to slip. If I get 2-3 days behind, I typically try to catch up by writing what I think I might have written if I had written on those days. Imperfect, sure, but I also am not ready to throw away all my entries for one entire batch because I got a little sloppy.

Somewhere between embracing self-discipline but also realistic that sometimes life interferes with my daily writing for a brief period of time.
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »

P.S. If there's interest for a forum topic area specifically about the process of writing, to separate it from discussions of the mechanics of the 100 Words website, I would be happy to create it. It's part of what I was hoping these forums might evolve to, which is both discussion of 100 Words and how the website should work, but also about writing, finding your muse, all that creative stuff too. Not that programming isn't creative in its own unique way.
ME114

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »

Not thrilled with the idea of the nag feature.  If you do add it, please be sure to not make it a default.  If someone wants it, let them turn it on and don't make the rest of us have to turn it off.
silvan

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »

I also agree with the previous comment about the nag feature. If you add it, don't make it a default.

I think a forum about the creative process would be terrific, although I'm typically not very consistent about contributing to public forums. I'm a bit surprised, actually, to find myself interested in checking in here every few days. I suppose it's because I find this website useful, and the community is small. I realize it would be great if things grew a little bit around here. But I was thrilled, after taking a few years' hiatus, to come back and discover things hadn't changed much.  Smiley
jacalynnc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »

Good God! We can't remember to write every day?!!!! YIKES
(I even remember to brush my teeth, get gas as needed and go to the bathroom now and then!!!)
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:40 AM »

Good God! We can't remember to write every day?!!!! YIKES
(I even remember to brush my teeth, get gas as needed and go to the bathroom now and then!!!)

Then what are you doing on a website who's slogan is "Write 100 Words a day, Every Day, For one Month"?
jacalynnc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »

explain please
Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 11:52:46 PM »

100 Words is about writing daily. It's explained in the website description of purpose.

http://100words.com/about.php

R
jacalynnc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »

Yes - I think that's what I was getting at in my irreverent "good god" comment. The focus you set out for is the discipline of writing daily. With this in mind, it seems to me that those of us who are participating are diciplined enough to ummm... write daily... without prompting.
boytaRose

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 05:44:32 AM »

There are many differ uses for address labels. And they are quite easy to use as well. Some people have them and some don't,Spartacus Blood And Sand Season 1 DVD Box Set, but the more people learn about how they can be used, the more likely they will be to begin using them.
The main thing that they are used for is obviously for affixing to envelopes. When a person mails something,Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-10 DVD Box Set, the criterion procedure is to put their own address in the upper left hand edge of the envelope so that the person receiving the mail will know who it came from. This too assists the post bureau know where to return the envelope to if it is undeliverable fall butme reason.
When using these labels for their chief intention, they invest a few distinct benefits over hand writing your name and address. One of these benefits is that it is many faster to simply skin off a label from a coil and affix it to the envelope than it is to write all of the message on the envelope at hand. Another behalf to using a label is that since the information is typed on the label, it is presumable more readable and easier to read than hand-written information would be.
There are many additional uses for these labels whereas that many people don't calculate about. One of these additional uses is to use for forms that ask for your name and address. Instead of having to write the information on the forms alternatively cards, you can simply place one of the labels with your name and address on it instead. It's faster, easier, and more legible than your handwriting would be anyway.
But send isn't the merely entity that these labels can be accustomed for. There are a cluster of other asset that they can be secondhand for as well, which may make you want to obtain some if you don't have any. Or if you have some already, you'll probably want to get more so you don't flee out afterward studying about the other ways in which they can be used.
One of the best ways apt use them namely to attach to fashions that require you to fill in your label and residence. Instead of having to really jot your label and residence ashore these forms,Criminal Minds Complete Season 1 dvd box set, which can take a meantime and be dreary if you have many of them to fill out,Grey's Anatomy The Fifth Season DVD Box Set, all you absence to do namely stick 1 of your names aboard every on instead. It's many extra convenient for you, and is effortless to peruse for the person who ambition be reiterating your forms.
Another access to use them is to give to folk who you absence to have your address. By giving them one of your address labels,Stargate SG-1 Complete Season 10 DVD Box Set, it avoids whichever miscommunication that may occur via verbally accusing them of your address, and gives them someone to refer to more than once if I were you. They can even area it in their address paperback if they use one.
Finally, address labels can be placed on pieces of private property that you bring with you out of your home. If you occur to lose one of these items on chance, anyone who finds it will understand who it belongs to and be proficient to return it to you. So as you can discern, these labels can be very serviceable for more reasons than simply placing on envelopes to be mailed. You may want to get some for yourself so you can start using them to make your life just a mini morsel more convenient.

Ray Ban Glasses- P CSI New York Season 2 DVD Boxse

The 5 Simple Truths For Real Estat bargain thomas
boytaRose

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »

火车采集器html简单模板示范
Body Toning Questions Answered Here
[标签:作者]
[标签:来源]
[标签:时间]
Can I change my body shape?by MikeJones
Can I change my body shape?
Some modern researchers are emphasizing that each body has a natural prettiness. Instead of having a cerebral image of the "perfect body", they advise having a pragmatic view of self and begin to outlook our own body as beauteous.
Any body type can lose or acquire weight. This of course will be in relation to a person's bone architecture and body proportion, granting for altering levels of fatness or thinness.
It must be stated then that we cannot drastically change the body we were connate with. We can study to live with it and obliged it.
Having said namely, there are certain changes we tin make involving slimming, firming body districts such as buttocks, hips, bosoms,Heroes Season 1-4 DVD Box Set, and improving the condition of our rind.
Changes such as these can have quite one impact aboard our mental and feelingful health as they affect how we feel almost ourselves.
How does aging influence body shape?
As muscles help burn calories, it stands to reason that as muscles dwindle with age there will be fewer calories burned up.
So as we start to lose brawn tissue our portly burning capacity diminishes and we begin to join weight to manifold parts of our frame.
This entire process can begin as early as 25 annuals of age.
The mid-section tends to accumulate fat with men.
With women the fat often works to 3 areas - both the thighs, buttocks, or abdominals.
What is the feud between body toning and dieting?
A diet might average refraining from dining certain edibles as a specified time of time in array apt cut corners. Or it could me modifying one's diet and then using supplements.
Body toning may or may no contain weight wastage. Generally it method firming up parts of the body via training, muscle establishing and/or the use of certain herbal formulas which can be applied to the parts of the body needing care.
How essential namely exercise when considering body toning?
Very important!
Walking is one of the best activities you can agree in. It has so many benefits: reserving nice pose which in turn improves one's self-image, it strengthens bones,Brothers and Sisters Season 5 DVD Box set, tones leg muscles and aids control weight.
Exercise and muscle toning procedures are also excellent for characteristic parts of the body. With these exercise you can: elevator and fixed drooping buttocks, intonation flabby legs,Smallville Season 8 DVD Box set, clear the bulge nigh the waist, constrict a protruding tolerate,Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1-7 DVD Box Set, and add aid to back muscles.
How can I choose pants to flatter my body shape?
Keep the following suggestions in idea when choosing pants, relative of lesson to your body shape:
Baggy pants prefer than tapered pants are better for broad hips.
Make shorter legs look longer by choosing slim pants preferably without turn-ups or cuffs.
Wide thigh pants without back pockets are better for the body with a full bottom.
Avoid narrowed pants with colossal thighs. Wide or straight leg pants are best.
To dodge emphasizing a full base,The Golden Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Box set, take attention away from this body area by choosing light or shine colored tops with dark pants. Dark colors can have a slimming effect.

How apt Make I The West Wing Seasons 1-7 DVD Box s

Wedding Gam Andromeda Complete Season 2 DVD Box Se
naklgdrbeuqu

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »

Desde el anillo de sus dulces bolsillo desechado cuando el arma oculta. Ge Leike enfrentar un resfriado, ghd baratas planchas ghd también se enorgullece de ver la hora. Aquí, cuando Ge Leike velocidad repentinamente aceleró un poco. Un instante, el cielo está lleno de su Jianying, el aire se entrelaza rayos Jianguang, Di Xiaren ve, el cielo de un brillante plata. Cortar el aire Espada emiten sonido intenso. Ray sacudió miró a su alrededor sin fin. Si el fin del mundo en general. Usted Moros donde ah? Algunas personas se preocupan de que la siguiente pregunta.
Pero Moros su Jianguang que medio? ¿Qué, todo Ge Leike espada. Eso Moros ahora no ser golpeado gravemente? Ge Leike ver que todos están bajo la espada, y Fang Xiaowen estaba envuelta en el interior, para que no ataque están todas bloqueadas. En caso de ser situación muy incómoda. Muchas personas preocupadas. En tres santo orden de las personas, para ver una terrible Jianguang tal, también jefe de relajación Shenyao. Ge Leike rencor no es el lugar más horrible más rápido, pero tiene un fuerte rencor ghd invasiva.
Se encontró espada tan rápido, aunque el oponente está en el ataque, pero también sin defectos. Colmillo Xiaowen más remedio que llegar a decenas de las armas, a unos diez metros alrededor de la periferia del cuerpo donde el control planchas ghd vistazo locales, algunos rodeados de cinco metros o menos. Manos retoman dos martillo. Los pies también llevaba un par de zapatos diseñados para la defensa. A la hora de resistir un apuro. La defensa es hermética. También especial atención fuera de la carretera, es responsable de Ge Leike para el ridículo. Crítica planchas ghd esgrima donde las deficiencias.
Topics related articles:

www.jasonjordans.comwp-contentbeats.php dre beats

www.jasonjordans.comnikefreerunau.php nike free tc

www.planchasghdby.com ghd españa pxr305

www.squawkfox.comiconsjordan.html jordan outlet gw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: